About This Event
The Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum have teamed up with Hackworks to explore technology opportunities that will allow them to upgrade visitor experiences with the latest digital technology.
On November 26 and 27, 60 young and enthusiastic achievers, problem solvers, creative thinkers, change makers and technologists from local Universities and Colleges will gather in the Resource Centre of the Canadian Museum of History to bring digital technology solutions to challenges faced by the Museums.
- Sample Technologies:
- Touch interactive
- Mobile / Tablets
- Gesture recognition experiences
- Virtual reality (VR)
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Location-based technology (iBeacons)
- Visitor Unique ID (NFC / RFID)
- Sample Experiences:
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt
- Create Your Persona
- Digital Passport
- Curated Tour Guide
- Gesture Photo Booth
- Inside Look: War Vehicles
- Touch Table Interactive with Objects
- Day 1: Nov 26, 2016
- 09:00-10:00 Opening introduction
- 10:00-11:00 Introduction and themes announcement
- 11:00-13:00 Breakout in 6-7 teams
- 13:00-21:00 Hackathon
- 21:00 + Hackathon off-site, if needed
- Day 2: Nov 27, 2016
- 09:00-16:00 Hackathon (continued)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch/Hackathon
- 13:00-16:00 Hackathon (continued)
- 16:00-19:00 Demos by each team
- 19:00-20:00 Winner Announcements and Closing
Food and drinks will be provided to all attendees.
A library of devices and technologies will be made available for use during the event.
Bring your laptop and any other technologies you may have and want to use.
Book your spot